21 Apr 2014

Easter Fun #3

I've actually done so much over the Easter period that even though it is pretty much over now, I still have lots of things planned to write about. So I'm sorry but there might be a few more of theses to come! Not sure if that is a good or bag things but we will find out soon enough...

On Good Friday, me and the family (not forgetting the cat who likes to come walkies with us, trot along beside us and roll around on the floor much like a dog would!) went over one of the nature reserves near our house. The last time I went there I must have been about 10 or 11 so it was nice to get back out there and relive some of my childhood again.

The weather was absolutely beautiful and even though we were in the shade and only walking for about an hour, I was boiling by the end. My arms now have a nice tan but it won't last long!

The wild bluebells that I remembered from before had sprung up again as they do each year without fail, covering the woodland floor is a carpet of blue and purple. I decided to get my trusty camera out and theses are just some of the results that I got. What'd ya think?





Please ignore the expression on my face or ask why I happened to be perched up a tree in this picture. I did not know this was being taken at the time, but the bluebells just looked so pretty here that I had to share it with you:


Also in some of the surrounding fields oilseed rape was beginning to flower, turning the rolling hills into a sea of stunning yellow:



It was just nice to go outside and get a breath of fresh air. I'm not a massive tree-hugger, eco-freak or whatever you want to call it but I have to say I did really enjoy myself that day. 

You should try it some time. If you do I'd loved to hear from you and find out how you found it getting down and dirty with nature. It doesn't sound that fun (rather disgusting actually!) but it really is great!

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.