5 May 2014

G is for Gingers

You may have recently seen my post about WIBAW's new look. There I promised that I would dedicate a whole post to Claire Smith, author of G is for Gingers, who kindly produced the banner you now see at the top of this site. She also produced her own banner, shown below:


Since I first began blogging in February, I have been following the G is for Gingers blog. I was originally drawn to a number of things including the professional design of the blog, the articles, Claire's passion, enthusiasm and photography skills. You really get a sense of her personality the moment you begin reading. And since we have been in almost daily contact recently (hope I wasn't too much of pain!) I can conclude that she is a very wonderful what-you-see-is-what-you-get girl with wheelbarrows upon wheelbarrows full to the brim with talent, intelligence and charisma! One of the nicest people on Blogger that I have had the pleasure of meeting.

I really enjoy the variety of things that Claire writes about. From fashion to recipes for cakes to her day to day life. It never just focuses on one thing so can relate to a much wider audience. In my opinion, the 'My Week in Pictures' segment is the best article that is on offer. Me, being my nosey self, loves nothing better than to learn about people's life and hear the interesting, somewhat funny, things that they get up to. And Claire's week is almost always is.

I am so glad that I found this blog. I hope that I will continue to be pulled into the wonderful, exciting  virtual world that Claire has created, that she keeps up the good work and that her followers will continue to expand from the current 103 to the highest number possible. G is for Gingers all the way!

Not yet convinced you to visit the blog? 
Read on and meet the blogger behind it all, Claire Smith:

1) Hi Claire, tell us 5 intresting facts about youself?
  • I really enjoy mountain biking and love the danger and speed of it!
  • I hate phone calls and will do anything I can to avoid them.
  • I spend a lot of time tidying my room and actually enjoy it! I find it really relaxing when its tidy like I've tidied my mind.
  • I have a really bad habit of taking photos of myself or videos on my phone if I'm bored so I freak out if anyone is looking through my phone
  • Rather than studying something fashion or media related at university I want to be a geologist- a fashionable one of course


2) What made you want to set up your own blog in the first place?
I started G is for Gingers on a bit of a whim one night. I knew it was something I wanted to get involved in but wasn't sure I had enough material but when I decided to go for it I found I had loads to say. I didn't even know what blogger was… I thought the site was probably called blogspot (you can see why).
3) Describe your blog in a sentence
I blog about what I wear, what I do and sometimes what I bake.

4) What three things you could you live without?
Ashamed to admit I couldn’t live without my macbook because I spend the majority of my day on it. My hair brush- I always think it calms me down and makes me feel better when I can brush all the tangles from my hair. The last one is a tough one! I should say my inhalers because without them my asthma would be out of control but I also love my duvet!! I can’t sleep without cuddling into it.

5) What other blog ,apart from mine of course (joking!), is your all time favourite?
Very funny! Olivia from ‘What Olivia Did’ has to be my favourite blogger- I just love everything she wears and could read her blog all day. It is one of the blogs I’ve been reading for the longest too.  

6) Lastly, thank you for creating my banner! How did you do it? 
I use photoshop to do all my graphics work for my blog but I am aware it is really expensive so you could always use pic monkey or similar online, if you wanted to create your own. Mostly I just went with Beth's ideas and designed it from there.  I’ve only ever designed my own’s blog banner but I really enjoyed designing one for Bethany. It isn’t something I would advertise about though because I think it would be quite time consuming. However if it is something readers would like to try, my advice is to not just sit at your computer and wait for ideas to come- leave it for a while and come back to it when you’ve thought of some good, solid ideas.


Convinced? I thought so! 



1 comment:

  1. Aww this is such a lovely write up, thank you Bethany!! :) Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.