22 May 2014

Strawberry & Raspberry Flan


Last weekend the weather was SO warm and like most Brits, the moment the sun comes out so does the BBQ (and the lawnmower but that's a different story!). Some of my family come around and we had a big get together in the garden, feasting on beef burgers in sesame seed buns, sausages, fresh salad and nachos and melted cheese. Me and my mum thought it would be nice to make a fruit flan for dessert. We went out, brought all the ingredients and made it fresh that day. 

Its looks and tastes amazing, is really simple and easy to make since you don't need to cook it and it is perfect for any party, BBQ or even just for yourself! Here's how to make it: 

Ingredients 
  • 1 Large flan case
  • 1 Punnet of strawberries (you can used canned fruit in syrup/natural juice but I prefer to use fresh fruit)
  • 1 Punnet of raspberries 
  • Green's Red Quick Jel (or a brand like it) 
  • 25g (1oz) Sugar
  • 200ml (7 fl.oz) Cold water




Recipe 


1. Wash the fruit under cold water using a sieve/colander


  2. On a chopping board or plate, cut the green tops off of the strawberries. Then cut each strawberry in half. 














3. Fill the flan case up with the fruit, laying the strawberries down flat. Start around the edge and work into the middle. 


4. Put the flan to one side once completed. 

5. Pour the Red Quick Jel (if you are using a different brand just follow the instructions on the back) sachet into a small saucepan with the cold water and sugar.  

6. Stir with a wooden spoon while you heat to boiling. 

7. Boil for a minute without stirring, then remove from the heat once it looks like the picture (left). 

8. Leave to stand for 10 minutes, stirring it occasionally you will notice that it has begun to thicken. 







9. After 10 minutes is up, spoon carefully over the fruit while the mixture is still runny. It will become jelly like very quickly after doing so. 













10. Cut into slices and enjoy within 5 days. Best served with cream or ice cream!











-----

Let me know if you try out this or any other recipes that I have posted previously by commenting below or emailing me (details on the Contact page). I'm not trying to make you fat, I just want you to enjoy baking/cooking as much I do! 

Happy Berry/Flan Eating!
Signing Off- Bethany x 


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pie! I am def going to take baking advice from you! I tried making pretzels the other day, and it turned out awful!

    Lets keep in touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting xx I will take a look at your blog very soon

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.