19 May 2014

The BAFTA Awards 2014

On Sunday, the annual BAFTA Awards were held at the Theatre Royal in London's Dury Lane. Many of TV's most famous faces graced the red carpet in their beautiful, somewhat daring outfits along with their partners and fellow co-stars. The show was hosted, as always, by the wonderful Graham Norton but to be honest I was paying more attention to the celebrities outfits than to the winners of the gongs! Although I did happen to be paying attention when my self-confessed-guilty-pleasure-soap-opera Coronation Street won Best Soap Award!

Now down to business as always:

1.

First on my list of Best Dressed People is stunning supermodel Naomi Campbell. Even though she wasn't nominated for an award, all eyes were on her in this racy floor-length gown with dramatic cup-out details at the waist and chest. I think she could have easily over done with outfit in her oh-so-glamorous-way, but instead she kept her make-up and accessories to a minimum with just a few golden bangles and flick of mascara and lippy. And gosh, I don't know whether that was her real hair or not but it was pretty much grazing her bottom. I have no idea how she managed to sit down for all that time without painfully sitting on it!


2.

Next is one of my favourite Corrie Actresses Samia Ghadie (Oh come on! One of them had to be there somewhere didn't it?) who looked stunning in her black figure-hugging dress. The feature gold bead and stud detail on the straps as well as sexy sheer panel at her waist transformed this simple dress into a work of art. What I love most is how her hair, which on the show is normally left down and untidy, has been twisted into a low bun with those beautiful curls hanging down to frame her face. Trying too hard to appear to be bed-head but other than that, PERFECT! 

3.   

Poor Sheridan Smith (above) was slammed for her new pink punk inspired hair cut that she unveiled for the first time at the Awards. But I think she looked wonderful and that it worked well with her white knee-length dress, nude heels and light purple manicure. Its nice to see somebody stepping outside the box and trying something different. Its nice to see a pop of colour in the dull world of black and white! Good for you Sherri.


Did you watch the BAFTAs? Who do you think shone?

Speak soon,
Lots of Love Beth xx 




2 comments:

  1. I love Niami's dress! She looks perfect :)

    http://everydayingrace.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same! I love how effortlessly glamorous she is xx

    ReplyDelete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.