12 Jun 2014

Everything But The Kitchen Sink

I get a lot of inspiration for my blog from the things around me. Sometimes seeing a leaf fall from a tree is enough to trigger an idea for a post and I find that pretty amazing. Also I get my inspiration from other bloggers because who doesn't want to be as good as soon of them?

One of the main blogger's work which I enjoy reading is by the wonderful Rhiannon Pulling. I have been a follower of her blog Everything But The Kitchen Sink for several months now and I don't intend to ever stop.


 She writes so beautifully and confidently. I just love her style to bits! She described her blog to me as 'the daily ramblings of a journalist' with articles on 'fashion, beauty and everything else!' and she is not wrong there. Everything But The Kitchen Sink (an amazing name I must say!) basically has posts on EVERYTHING and ANYTHING you can think of. I particularly enjoy her reviews on books and beauty products and her comical life updates. If that isn't enough to encourage you to visit her blog then here is a mini interview with the woman herself:

1. Rhiannon, tell us 5 interesting facts about yourself
  • I'm extremely organised! It's probably borderline OCD, as everything has to be in particular order! And I really can't sleep in a messy room, so I'll always tidy everything away beforehand.
  • My laugh is pretty ridiculous. It's loud, and if something is really funny, I'll probably end up crying too!
  •  I have a weird obsession with Harry Potter, ask me any question and I'll know the answer!
  •  From my journalism course I've learnt shorthand at 100wpm, which basically looks like hieroglyphics (Google it!)
  •  I was named after a Fleetwood Mac song - my parents are that original!
2. What made you want to start a blog in the first place? 

 I started Everything But The Kitchen Sink because I needed somewhere to offload my thoughts everyday. I'm pretty lazy at keeping a diary, so a blog seemed the next best option. Plus, my friend encouraged me to start mine as she loved doing hers.

3. What three things couldn't you live without?
  •  A good book. It can keep me entertained for hours and each time I re-read a book I discover something else I missed the first time.
  • My ipod and headphones. My journeys to and from work or college are so boring without something to sing along to! 
  • A pen and paper. Writing is second nature to me and not having a pen constantly in my hand doesn't feel right!
4. That was technically four things :)  Is there a motto or quote you live by? 

The motto I live by is Carpe Diem, which is Latin for 'Seize The Day'.  It just makes sense! I really hope to get it tattooed somewhere, someday!

5. What other blogs apart from mine (joking!) do you read?

My blog reading staples have to be Josie's Journal - she's got such cool style! Humans of New York is another really cool blog that always surprises me and Letters to Antoinette is a great blog for healthy living tips. Anything that has got fashion, beauty, lifestyle and fitness, as well as a good writing style always catches my eye.

-------------------

Now I think you better click on the link below and go straight to this blog: Everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.com

You won't regret it
Love 
Bethany xx


2 comments:

  1. I love Rhiannon's blog, it feels like you're chatting to a friend. She's so inspiring too, I don't know anyone who works as hard as she does! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good read! Rhiannon's blog is great I think everyone would agree!
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.