30 Jul 2014

Interview Outfit- Which Dress?


You may remember to talking about my Practice Interview Day three weeks ago (*here). I went out shopping the week previous and brought two dresses, lets-a-call-em Dress A and Dress B

But *gasp* which one would I wear for the day? That was my dilemma. 

So first up was Dress A, a very cute little number from New Look's Mela Loves London collection. I adore the diamond print on this dress and the way that the fabric clinches in at the waist. Although it isn't low-cut nor is it see-through, the thigh scrapping length, I thought, is a little unsuitable for an interview.  



Dress B however is more what I would call interviewee- a gorgeous white blouse and black pencil skirt all-in-one from good old Primark! It came to just above my knee, as you can see in the pictures below, and was very comfortable despite the fact is was rather tight fitted. 



In the end I went with Dress B after much consideration on the terms that it was 'smart' and less 'slutty' and therefore better for the interview (you can view pictures from the day *here)

However I (Miss Dressaholic!) could not resist keeping them both, so both Dress A and B now hang side by side in the safely of my wardrobe. I wonder what they would say to each other if they could speak?

Love Beth x

NB: Unfortunately I couldn't find either dresses online but similar ones are probably available if you look online- sorry xx

3 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with dress B being the right choice! Hope the interview went well, I hate interviews so much, I am soooo bad at them, don't know how I am ever going to get a job after uni!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. beth - I was going to say Dress B and then I read it- good choice girl - so how did the interview go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really like dress A :) New Look is always a winner for me - however your right dress B does look smarter Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.