1 Jul 2014

The Sad List



I would describe myself as quite an emotional and sensitive person-a deep thinker if you will. However this is something that not many people will know, for the simple reason that I'm a bottle. That sounds strange I know but let me explain. I am an emotional and sensitive person, but not when I am around others. I prefer to keep my feelings locked away from people, stored in a bullet-proof glass bottle. It is must simpler that way. You don't get those cringey sympathetic looks or the 'are you okay?' questions to which you always reply 'I'm fine' even if tears are already streaming down your face. 

However there are several things that I openly admit to getting emotional at: 

My parents will never know how much I love them
My family mean more to me than anything else in the world. No matter what I do I know they will always be there for me, not because they have to but because they want to. I would do anything for them. And although I know they know I love them, I don't think they realise just how much I really do. That's the thing that probably makes me the saddest. 

My children will probably never meet their great-grandparents
(I know there is a possibility so that's why I put 'probably') My grandparents are the most amazing people I have ever met. They have been there, done that and yet they are still so humble. I just love them to bits! What I really adore is that my Nan and Grandad have been married for over 40 years and yet they are still in love, and that is something I will always strive to achieve. The fact that my children might not get to meet them, and that they will only be alive in the stories and memories I share with them, is pretty devastating.  

Watching the News
I point blank refuse to watch the News any more. They hardly ever talk about the good things that have happened in the world, or that people have achieved. Its always about very serious, upsetting issues that I know are important to learn about but sometimes I really don't want to know about the latest murder victim or that a celebrity (who lets face it we didn't even know existed) has died suddenly. Sometimes I feel it would be better to be living in that childhood bubble of innocence again. 

Marley & Me 
Oh just hand me some tissues now! I watched this film, expected it be a happy one, just after my guinea pig died. But no, I balled my eyes out as they went about burying their beloved dog just as I has buried my piggie. And still a few years on I can't watch it without crying!

Change 
Whoever said that change is a good thing is a liar. I would be very happy doing basically the same thing as I do now everyday, thank you very much. I'm not sure why you have ruin the wonderful flow of my life by changing something without my permission. It seems pretty pointless to me when I am very comfortable and happy as I am. But then again whoever said life was cruel wasn't wrong there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.