14 Jan 2015

9 Annoying Things About Being A Woman

Don't get me wrong, I love being a female mostly because we get to say 'girl power' whenever we feel like it. But I definitely think there is a lot more pressure on us to act and to look a certain way, then there is for men.

 It is a womanish thing to automatically compare yourself to other people of the same sex but it isn't something we are born with. I think it's mostly down to the media's portrayal of the 'perfect' woman- which by the way there is no such as. Honestly it is an absolutely disgraceful thing for a journalist or whatever their job may be, to make a person feel as though they are completely and utterly worthless because they don't look like a model or they are over a certain weight. Why should it even matter? 


Anyway, below is a shorten version (because believe me there is a lot more where they came from!) of some of the very irritatingly annoying things about womanhood: 

Childbirth 
For most of my childhood I spent my time playing with baby dolls, lovingly feeding and changing them as though they were my own. And still today every time I see a baby I can't help cooing over the cutey. But then imagining the sheer pain of labour makes me want to throw up and become a seahorse...because the males give birth

Nail Vanish
Why does putting on nail vanish make you feel so feminine? Its lovely and all but I cannot stand when you smudge it 5 seconds after you've just put it on or when it starts chipping. I mean what is the point!

Appearance 
The fact that men who haven't washed, shaved or brushed their hair in a month are considered sexy because their 'rugged' but if a woman was to do that people would say 'Oh that girl is so lazy, she has really let herself go don't you think?'

Wolf-whistles
This surely has to be the most cringiest sound ever. Why don't we come up with a whistle for fit guys!

Periods 
They are the most disgusting thing in the whole world and not how the adverts portray them at all! Cramps make you double over in pain and all you want to do is curl up in the corner and curse the world for doing such a dreadful thing to your body.

Birds
Last time I checked females didn't have an orange beak and feathers, so guys I think you really need to get your facts right. We are not canaries or parrots. We are woman, okay?

Boobs And Bum
According to the media we have to stick thin and curvy with a Kardashian bum and Katie Price boobs all at the same time. Well, their not asking for much are they?

Hormones
When you feel so many different emotions all at once that you don't know whether to laugh or cry, and you can't explain it to anyone because nobody understands.

Make-up
When boys think we wear and spend so much money on make-up to impress them...umm NO!

Shaving
Why is it acceptable for men to walk around with a carpet attached to their chest, legs and arms but woman have to shave it all off and become naked mole rats? Then there's the effort of keeping yourself hairless- shaving, plucking, waxing, creams, lasers!

***

And the lists goes on! But I won't bore you any more. 

What would you add to list?
Love Beth xx



4 comments:

  1. Hahh I completely agree with this whole list! I especially hate it when women as called birds, it's such a horrible term! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Like I said we're not parrots :)

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for you for the Liebster Award, you can check it out here:) http://thedreamofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you very much Rebekah! But I have already done the Liebster Award a few months back x

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.