18 Jan 2015

Move Over Lush?

I think a lot of the time people are reluctant to try new things and do something different. And that is shown by the popularity of Lush. Everyone's been there, done this and smelt that. And yes, I am a massive fan of Lush too but I like to discover new brands too. So you can probably imagine my excitement when I feel upon Bomb Cosmetics just after the Christmas period (as you can tell from my reindeer nails!). They have an amazing range of products from bath bombs to perfumes and shower gel to candles. There is also a lovely variety of fragrances to choose from too.


I decided to treat myself and brought two of the cutest cupcake bath bombs I have ever seen. They look absolutely adorable- good enough to eat- and smell amazing too. The button one has a strawberry/raspberry scent while the yellow one reminds me of a nice big slice of lemon meringue pie. I left them both in my room for about a week before using them and every time I went up the stairs, I was overcome by their beautiful fragrance!


My favourite one had to be the lemon cupcake simply because I am a big lemon lover (hand me a piece of lemon drizzle cake and I'll love you forever!) and the little gold stars were floating around in the water for ages. The cupcake itself must have been bubbling away for a good 20 mins before completely dissolving- plenty of time for a face mask and a chapter of a book! 

The button one didn't have such an impact but I think that's just down to personal preference. 


However, I was a little disappointed as a whole, because as the smell was so wonderful I was expecting a little more drama in the bathtub and after 20 mins of bubbling away, not much else happened. My skin did feel really smooth afterwards but I expected the water to change colour or something, but it didn't. Maybe that's just me though!

So should we ditch Lush and move on? Tell me your opinions in the comments.
Love Beth xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that the colour didnt change or anything, but it is really good to see different reviews because there's loads of lush blog posts about :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree. I get fed up with seeing Lush reviews!

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.