2 Feb 2015

Happy 1st Birthday!

One day at the very start of February 2014, a girl decided to whip out her laptop and create a blog. She'd never read a blog before in her whole life or had a scooby about what to write. All she knew was that she wanted to share with the world her words. Would anybody even read it? She didn't care, plucking a random name from her brain and typing it down. Now what to write about? Chinese symbols of course!

***

Source
If you hadn't guessed already that little naive thing was me, a year ago! A lot has change since then and I'm so glad my past self clicked that 'create blog' button. I have discovered a whole new community that I didn't even know existed- living right under my nose for so long, developed life long beneficial skills that I am proud to display on my CV, had people praise my work, send me products to review and probably the most exciting thing was guest blogging and collaborating with some of my favourite bloggers.

I now have something to do in my spare time, other than watching reality show reruns with a cup of tea and biscuit. Would I call myself a blogger? A lifestyle blogger...wow I love the sound of that!

I would encourage anybody who has ever thought about creating their own website or blog, to go for it. There is so much advice out that that says you 'have to plan' and 'have to know your niche' and whatever before you start, but I think the best thing to do is just to go with the flow. Develop your ideas as your blog grows. Learn things through your own curiosity "I wonder what this does...". Don't set rules or a blogging schedule. Do what you want to do and people will soon take notice.

I had no idea what I was doing a year ago and still some things I am confused about. It was only the other day I took part in my first Twitter Chat and I didn't create my blog's twitter account until 6 months after it was born. I was a bit slow, but gradually I'm catching up one page view at a time.

Currently 69 lovely people  have clicked the 'follow' button and read and comment on my posts on a daily basis. This in itself's is a massive achievement, and has not gone unnoticed. Thank you SO much!

I'd love to venture into the unknown land of Youtube but at the moment the idea of creating a vlog freaks me out. So sorry not for me, but thanks for the offer. You can see what else I'm planning for 2015 here.

And lastly what would I change about my blogging journey? Nothing, other than wishing I had done this a long time ago!

 Now I hope you will join me in a cheerful rendition of 'Happy Birthday In The Clouds' and a toast to plenty more birthdays to come. Fingers crossed eh?

Love Beth xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.