5 Mar 2015

Harry Potter Time-Turner Necklace

As you may know I am a massive Harry Potter fan, having read all seven books during one summer and watched all eight films. I just think it is the most amazing series because not only do children enjoy exploring the wizarding world, but adults too. Everybody can relate to at least one of the characters and I guess because I have grown up during the 'HP' era, it will always hold a special place in my heart. Last year I even got the chance to go to Harry Potter World, and of course it was one of the best experiences of my life!

Over the years I have a collected a considerable amount of memorabilia- you name it, I probably have it. However I always wanted the Time-Turner or Deathly Hallows necklace. So you can imagine my joy when a replica of the Time-Turner* fell through my letterbox earlier this week. I practically jumped for joy!

Funnily enough the necklace is David Heyman's favourite prop from the films, and I'm starting to think it could be mine too!


The necklace first appeared in the third book, The Prisoner Of Azkaban, when Hermione used it's powers to turn back time, so that she could attend more classes in her third year than time would allow. Harry and her also used it it to travel back in time and save Sirius Black and Buckbeak from certain death. I think it goes without saying that this book is probably my favourite out of the lot, just because the idea of time travelling (and werewolves!) has always appealed to me. 

The replica I received is almost identical to the one used in the film with two golden rings that move-which is amazing because you can almost imagine you are spinning back time- surrounding the hourglass filled with sand. The chain is a good length and doesn't have one of those fiddly clasps you have to undo to take off. What gives it an extra special touch is the words that are carefully inscribed along the side of the rings:


"I mark the hours, every one. 
Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. 
My use and value, unto you, are gauged by what you have to do"

My only criticism (so don't say I never treat ya!) would that when I opened my parcel, one side of the chain had become detached from the Time-Turner*. This wasn't a massive problem and was easily fixed by a pair of pliers, but is something that definitely could affect people's view of the product. However it's fine now and I have to say, I am completely and utterly in love with it! Oh if only I could visit Hogwarts next...hint, hint! 





Love Beth xx


This item has been sent to me for review. Please see my disclaimer to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.