10 May 2015

Class of 2010 - 2015


So Friday was our school leavers day! After being at this place for five long years, 5 days a week, we were finally saying goodbye before we moved on to further education.

With the background music of Taio Cruz's Dynamite and Olly Murs's Please Don't Let Me Go (the songs that were number one when we joined as innocent, little 10 year olds!) we spent the day aimlessly wandering around attempting to fill in all the white space on our shirts with messages because god forbid if there wasn't a badly written "Good Luck" or "Miss you" scribbled in the corner somewhere from a person you haven't even spoken to before! But that's what this days was all about- one big massive popularity contest. Who could get the most colourful shirt competition or who can take the most selfies award?


Still I manage to have a few minutes were I thought "Aw I will miss this place" but really I won't miss it because I'm back in September at the 6th form. Sadly the same cannot be said for many of closet friends so instead I will miss walking into school to the smiling faces of people who genuinely enjoy my company, the big ugly laughing fits we have over nothing and all the 5 years worth of memories I will cherish forever. School is nothing if you don't have a good set of friends and I truly do have that....even if they piss me off sometimes!

So from this day I will not cherish this shirt I am wearing or the lovely messages written on it- but the friends I made here, who I never ever thought I would and the pictures that will be lovingly stuck in a photo album to look back at in years to come.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin margin-right: 1em;">



I make this promise now to myself, to you, to anyone who is reading: That I will not forget these beautiful people or lose touch with them, otherwise these past few years will have been a complete and utter waste of my time. I promise that I will meet up with them as much as humanly possible and in a few years time I will still be able to call them friends.

It's amazing how much I care for these bunch of girls and even though today was a bit of a disaster, at least we still have this wonderful video (see me at 4:24 on the left!):


Love Beth xx
P.s 1 exam down, 17 to go!


10 comments:

  1. This post made me pine for all my old school friends! Hope you had an awesome day!


    Thanks for the comment you left on my #MHAW post :) With regards to your friend, I would just ask her if you can help her and, if so, how. Sometimes, it can be just as simple as leaving her a little message to let her know you're there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post! It's always emotional ending a academic chapter in your life, but more so not being able to see those you've grown to care and love so much every day. But I'm sure you guys will meet up a lot in the future and it'll just be like old times! x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It will be a strange day when everyone is gone and then I think the reality that we will never sit in class together or meet up for lunch again will truly sink in. Thank you for your comment xx

      Delete
  3. It's so strange to be saying goodbye to friends that are moving to college or different schools; it feels bizarre and sad but chances are they are not moving a million miles away! I think it will be weirder when we leave Year 13 and everyone goes to different universities all across the country to start their new lives. I tried to follow your blog on Bloglovin' but found that the link on the sidebar was broken and I couldn't find it in the search :( let me know when the link's fixed,
    Olivia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and letting me know about the link! I've sorted it out now xx

      Delete
  4. Leaving school and knowing you'll never be back is always weird - exciting to move on though! :D Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very exciting! I can't wait for a change having done the something for 5 years straight :)

      Delete
  5. Such a nice post :) I love how everyone wrote good luck wishes on each other's shirts.
    When I graduated everyone immediately went there own way, but I'm sure you'll be able to stay in touch with your friends! Sounds like you had a really great group of people around you :)

    x Envy
    Picking up the Pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a really sweet tradition actually and something to keep forever. We did it when we left primary school as well so now I have two shirts hanging up with good luck messages scrawled all over them! Thanks for stopping by today. I hope to see you around more often! xx

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.