23 Jun 2015

14 Thoughts When You're On Your Period

I admit it, once a month I have blood pouring out my vagina which is apparently something called a period! Who would have thought eh? I know sarcastic much, but really the way people talk about it, or don't talk about for that matter, makes it seem as thought only a select few of us have experience a period. I ,on the other hand, believe there is no point in sugar coating this whole leaking blood experience because it really is not sweet or fun in any way, shape or form. Most people prefer to keep this private after all it's not really a dinner table conversation like ' Oh could you excuse me a minute while I de-wedge my sanitary towel from my bum crack' or 'Golly I've just released an egg, hang on a moment!' but for me I'm into this whole over sharing thing. I mean, we are all human after all and if we can't have a laugh about our menstrual cycle and embarrass the men around us than what can we do?

It is a natural process (although sometimes it seems quite the opposite) and I think it's about time we all stop hiding in the shadows and got a bit more confident talking about woman problems. Periods aren't a dirty thing people, so why do so many of us feel the need to hide our tampons in the very depth of our bags and try to open to packaging silently in the loo? It never works anyway!

It's also about time we fess up to those strange thoughts we are all too embarrassed to admit. We all have them so don't try to tell me otherwise, because then you would be telling a porkie! Yes periods are gross and weird and icky but they are part of being a woman. Therefore we should all just embrace our beautiful bodies and broadcast to the world what having a period is really like. And what they are really like is very different from those adverts on television, believe me:


1. My calendar says my period should arrive today? Where are you little period? What if something is wrong with me and this is the first sign of an incurable disease or worse- what if I'm a pregnant virgin? I don't even know if that is possible. Oh would you just hurry up and come already!

2. *a few minutes later* OH! There you are! The eagle has landed everyone, please lets welcome it to the world with open arms and a sigh of relief that I won't be 16 and pregnant after all.

3. *the next day* Shit this is so bloody annoying! Why is my body punishing me for eating my fruit and veg? I've never done anything wrong...expect that time I ate nothing but chocolate all day. But it was Easter, can't you give a girl some slack?

4. Why do woman get the short end of the stick? First boob pain then having to become a naked mole rat every time we want to wear a bikini, child birth and now blood flowing out my vagina!

5. Eww! I swear I saw something like this in one of those sci-fi movies at the cinema the other day. It's bloody terrifying.

6. Wait, that is one of my babies being thrown in the bin there. I've had that egg since the moment I was born. What if that egg was the one? The one who would find a cure for cancer or be the first person on mars...well it's too late now.

7. AHHH the pain! It feels like I've been shot in the stomach. GIMME ME A HOT WATER BOTTLE NOW!!

8. No I don't need no drugs! I want to do this the natural way like the woman did in 1990s.

9. I'm not trying to scare you or anything but please stand back for a moment 'cos I think my ovaries are about the explode.

10. *lays on sofa* So this is the end then? This is really what it feels like to die. I always pictured my death in a more dramatic way like sky diving or something.

11. OH THIS IS PATHETIC! Pass me all the meds you can find...quick! I have places to go and people to see and I cannot afford to spend another moment feeling like death.

12. Ah that's better...I have no idea why woman make such a fuss about this. It's a breeze.

13. Hallelujah, Hallelujah it's over!! That was the longest week of my life.

14. See you, wouldn't want to be you. Just imagine being more hated than Katie Hopkins!

Phew, one down and only 300+ more to go,
Love Beth xx

16 comments:

  1. You've pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one, although I'm an utter psycho when I'm on t.o.m haha x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you. I think its about time we start chatting about it more. Wouldn't you agree?

      Delete
  2. Haha love this post so much!!! So true! Although I don't think I've had all of those thoughts but still periods are a bitch! Urgh that's one thing I am not looking forward to after this baby arrives!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god! Not having a period is defiantly the silver lining of pregnancy that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. OMG this post is spot on, had me in stitches :')

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing it with your friends- means a lot.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely howled at this post thanks to sian up there for sending it me! You hit the nail on the head! Luckily for me I'm on the contraception injection and no longer get periods, not had one for a year in fact! Happy Days!

    Hannah | www.hannerking.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god you are so lucky! I would really consider using something like the injection or pill in the near future for sure.

      Delete
  5. Oh my good lord, this is so unbelievably spot and hilarious!! Loved this post :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I can't believe people are actually reading this stuff!

      Delete
  6. Lol! This is so funny. I must admit, being my first time here and reading about periods is kinda a surreal experience but it is spot on. I remember one particularly painful period and I was like, "f I can't handle this than how can I handle childbirth? I am never, EVER gonna have babies!". A year and a half later I had my daughter. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sorry about that! At least we know when to expect of each other, although trust me when I say that not all my posts are quite like this.

      Delete
  7. I love this post, it's funny and so true! I came here from the #lbloggers chat :)

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that was great chat wasn't it!

      Delete
  8. This is a great post, proper made me chuckle and it's actually true! Periods are a bitch!

    Courtney | http://courtzmelv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really nice talking to you and so glad you made the trip to visit my blog x

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.