28 Jun 2015

6 Things That Made Me Smile This Week!

Raspberry Ombre Cake- as seen here. Newly purchased colouring book from WHSmith. Me and my friend Meriel captured in a selfie on Walton Pier. Friday's prom hair trial.
I am so excited to be sitting down writing this post about my wonderful week because it is the first weekly round up since 19th April. I guess life (and mostly school!) got in the way and prevented me being able to record all the nine weeks worth of stuff I got up to. However, it might come as a relief for you as I'm guessing quite a few of those posts would have been filled up with me complaining about exams. Every cloud eh?

Anyway, this week was one of relaxing from the stress of exams and just getting everything sorted out while I can. It was the week I published my first post in over six weeks, took part in my first twitter chat in over two months and slept like a baby every single night. Here's what else I got up to:

-Satisfying unpacking: As you may have already heard I spent the last weekend celebrating birthdays and end of exams in Frinton-on-sea with a bunch of the most wonderful girls I have came to call friends. Although it was sad getting back on Monday and not being able to venture down to the beach whenever I wanted, there is nothing better than grabbed your whole suitcase and chucking all the clothes into the washing machine to let it do its magic.

-Getting creative: I've been seeing colouring books all over the internet recently so decided to jump on the band wagon myself and brought myself the Secret Garden by Johanna Basford. The designs are beautiful and intricate but so easy to colour. I could spend hours filling it in!

-Baking: I haven't baked a cake in so long so it was nice to finally get back into the kitchen, just me and the whisk together at last. The outcome was a delicious fruity cake that tasted just as good as it looks.

-Now TV: We just recently subscribed to Now TV and can now watch hundreds of films when ever we feel like it for only £10 per-month. Ten times better than Netflix!

-Prom hair trail: On Friday I got my hair trail done for prom which is now only four days away! I can't believe how wonderful it looked and just spent the rest of the day feeling like a princess. My five-year-old self would have been so pleased.

-Summer weather: And to round off the week with a BANG, the weather has been absolutely topical here. Its so nice to be able to sit in the garden and not worry that the skies are suddenly going to open and cover you in rain.

Speak soon,
Love Beth xx


10 comments:

  1. That cake looks amazing. I have both NowTV and Netflix and like them both, Netflix has a bigger back catalogue but NowTV has more recent stuff.

    Lisa | Not Quite Enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and that's why I went for NowTV to be honest because i want all the up to date films and new releases are much quicker on there then Netflix

      Delete
  2. I love posts where individuals appreciate the little things in life! The cake looks so yummy & best of luck with exam results/sixth form :)

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is one of my favorite posts to write because it is so nice to look back on.

      Delete
  3. I sort of love unpacking, it's very satisfying to tidy up! Not so much the packing though, I can never make a decision on what to take and end up filling the bag full... Yay for prom hair, it looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I'm the same. I hate packing because its such a nightmare and I never know what to take especially if going somewhere in England.

      Delete
  4. Ah I love your blog my lovely, so glad you sent me your link! My favourite part of this post is that AMAZING looking cake!! :D


    Love Liv
    www.dungarees-and-donuts.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw and thank you for stopping by my lovely! xx

      Delete
  5. What is it with the colouring books? I saw a whole stash of them in Waterstones recently and was wondering what they were! I'm lucky enough to get away with kiddie ones now! :) Your hair looks lovely! Have a great time at prom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, they are becoming very popular and I can see why! They are such good fun.

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.