30 Jun 2015

My Reading Habits Tag!


So I saw this tag a million years ago on Bee's blog and for some reason or another it had become buried in my Unfinished-Not-Good-Enough-Shit-Post-Pile...UNTIL TODAY! Think of it like the time when you walked upstairs to get something but couldn't remember what it was or how you even got here, then the joy you felt when you got back downstairs and remembered that it was the pack of Malteasers you hid under your bed so no one would eat them. Is anybody else's family like that or is it just mine?

Anyway, as you may have guessed I am a massive book worm. My life is incomplete without one balanced on my lap as much as fish is incomplete without chips. There is just something so special about getting lost in a book and falling in love with the carefully crafted characters (try saying that 5 times!) that you cannot explain to the handful of ignorant people in society who would rather sit on their arse and watch TV all day than read.

I have never really spoken about my reading 'habits' or actually thought about them much myself to be honest, so here goes nothing: 


***

 Where do you like to read? 
One of my most loved places to read is the garden. Now it's nothing overly fancy or large, just a few flower beds, a mixture of block paving and grass and a wooden bench in one corner, but I think it's absolutely wonderful! In summer especially, it is just so great to get outside and make myself comfortable with a good book to the background music of nature. 

 Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Over the years I have invested in many bookmarks because there are so many bloody adorable ones on the market at the moment. Having a bookmark to make my page is a more of a necessity than anything else. The one I'm using at the moment can be found here and all the money goes to the animal charity as well so it's win, win both for the animals and the book. 

 Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter / certain amount of pages? 
Oh gosh! I don't know what it is but I just can't stop reading in the middle of a chapter...it just feels wrong. So wrong. No matter how many pages are left until the next chapter I will keep at it.

 Do you eat or drink while reading? 
Never. Why would I want to distract myself with food when I'm so engrossed in a good book, besides who wants sticky chocolate stains all over the front cover?


Music or TV while reading?
I've tried to read during the adverts of shows in the past (damn you ITV with all your commercial break!) but it's just not going to happen. I need peace and quite- not somebody advertising tampons thank you very much. 

One book at a time or several at once? 
Sometimes I will switch between books if I get bored, then pick the first up again and start to really enjoy it all of a sudden. However, I don't make it a habit to read more than one at once. Its not logical people!

 Reading at home or everywhere?
Train or car journeys are pretty fun places to really get stuck into a book plot. I have been known to fall asleep on them in the past.

 Reading aloud or silently in your head? 
Well according to friends and family I read aloud even though I'm pretty sure I'm reading silently in my head. But then the way they describe it is like a hissing sound so I wouldn't really call that reading aloud that is if my definition of reading aloud is right * 


Do you read ahead or skip pages?  
When I first get a book I always read the front page and the last page but other than that I don't 'skip'. It sort of defeats the purpose of reading if you do.

Break the spine or keep it like new?
I always try my absolute hardest to keep the spine looking good as new and for most of my books the spine is holding up pretty nicely, apart from the few I lent to my mum. Thanks a bunch.

 Do you write in your books? 
A pen or pencil mark in a book is the enemy. I will not go to the dark side.

Where do you store your books when you're not reading them?
At the moment they are all piled on my side table, getting closer and closer to the ceiling. Now exams have finished I can sort through the mess in my room and hopefully make space for a big wooden book case. Ah, I'm drooling at the thought of it!


If you want to take part in the tag and share your strange reading habits with the world, just answer the questions above and let me know how you do! 

Love Beth xx


*It is according to Oxford Dictionary anyway! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.