25 Jun 2015

Why We Should Appreciate Our Bodies More


Only just a moment ago did it finally sink in that I have finished secondary education after five long but amazing years. It really is the strangest feeling to know that I don't have to revise every minute of every day anymore and that when I do eventually go back to school, only a handful of my friends will be there. Now the future seem even scarier than it was before because I know I'm going to have face some of it alone and the idea of change just makes my stomach want to throw up it's entire content. I know variety is the spice of life and all that ball, but right now it's got me thinking about even further into the future.

Everyone I've even spoken to says that your childhood is the best time of your life. It's the thing you always look back on when you're older, thinking of all the family holidays, the birthdays and all the funny things that happened when you were an child. There was no pressure, no judgment or expectation. You were a child after all and the most important thing to you was getting that teddy you saw in the shop window or trying to find ways to convince your mum you really were too ill to go to school.

I have to agree with those people, because being a child is amazing! I look at my eleven-year-old brother who is full of so much happiness, joy and laughter. He has his whole life ahead of him- god knows he could be a the first person on mars or discover something that will save millions of lives around the world. Maybe he will just be a shop keeper but who cares, he will be somebody. And one day make somebody else very happy too.

Then I look at my Nan who is nearly 80, struggling to walk a few meters, getting easily out of breath and just recently diagnosed with diabetes. It just doesn't seem fair that after all the thing she has seen, done and experience, her body is suddenly giving up on her. Yet her mind is still as young as the day she was born. However, it isn't just her. All you have to do is pop to the shops and you are bound to came across an elderly person struggling to do even the simplest of tasks. And it's a sad sight.

We really need to appreciate our health and bodies while we are have  it, I know young people don't think about getting old because it seems such a long way off. I mean I can barely imagine myself as a mum, let alone a grandma but it's the way life works.

So getting to the point of this post, I just think we all need to look to the future more and realise that what we have will not last forever. One day our hair is going to go grey and we'll get wrinkles and maybe find it harder to get about the house than we do now and we are powerless to stop that happening because it's natural. Plastic surgery can only hide age from the world, not get rid of it.

So please lets all stop mopping about like lost little puppies and get out in the world to experience stuff while we still can. Lets all stop putting things off until tomorrow or the next day. Lets live our dreams now rather than later. Lets make each day count and have a good old time while we're at it! What have you got to lose? The internet and all your favourite blogs will still be here waiting for you when you come back. I promise.  

Love Beth xx

4 comments:

  1. I agree, everyone should cherish the little things in life because you don't know what's going to happen in the future...Great post - very thought-provoking!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was trying to get at and is something that quite a lot of people don't even think about.

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with this! Our bodies allow us to talk, laugh, breathe, walk, dance, hear and love. There are some people out there who are unfortunate not to be able to do those things, we should definitely appreciate what we have a lot more. x

    Toni x
    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You basically summed up my whole motivation behind that post Toni xx

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.