1 Jul 2015

8 Things To Do When It's Hot



Hi all. Guess what? I'm sweating like a pig. And it is disgusting! At the moment my trusty BBC weather app is telling me that it is 31 degrees (although it seems much warmer) which is hotter than Spain and Mexico. I've got all the windows in the house open, the tiniest pair of shorts on that you ever did see and multiple fans blowing at me. Yet I still feel like death. Unfortunately my born and breed English body just cannot deal with this temperature and all I want to do this sleep but my bedroom is like a oven right now. Even sitting in the shade causes beads of sweats to start popping up on my forehead. It really is a 'mare!

I know people always complain about English weather and after a while it probably gets quite annoying. Yet we have a reason to moan because the Weather God really cannot make up his bloody mind! One minute it's raining, the next there is enough wind to class it as a hurricane and soon enough the sun starts beaming down, burning all the poor pale people like me. For the PPP, summer is a bit of a pain in the backside. Why is the weather just not ever nice? Why does it have to Arctic weather in the winter and Sahara desert worthy sunshine in summer? And then even when it is boiling hot PPP never tan like everyone else in the world seems to...we just burn. Burn a horrible, painful red colour that flakes and peels all over the show. Why can't we be living in the Georgian period when it was considered fashionable to be pale? If only...

Last night it was incredibly difficult to fall asleep in such a stuffy room and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. So here a few tips I've picked up over the years about the best ways to keep cool in the sweltering heat of summer:

-Run the inside of wrists under a cold tap for a quick fix, as there is a main archery there that carries blood around your body and will instantly cool the blood down.

-Put a bowl of ice cool water in front of a fan and this will create your own air conditioning machine for half the price. 

-Rather than taking a hot water bottle to bed, fill the bottle with ice water to keep your cool at night.

-Keep blinds and curtain drawn in the house otherwise the sun will quickly turn your bedroom into an oven as it did with mine. 

-Take a cold shower or bath before bed to regulate body temperature.

-Drinks lots and lots and lots of water. Your body will thank you for it. 

-Have fun in the kitchen and make some of these amazing ice and frozen yogurt lollies to munch on when it gets hot.

-Ditch your duvet at night and just sleep under the sheet. Its much lighter and cooler.


Got any more tips? Let me know before I fry to death please,
Love Beth xx






2 comments:

  1. Oh my word the heat is horrible!! I'm finding it cooler this evening though - yay! I'm currently loving Fab ice lollies! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just not a massive heat lover! xx

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.