7 Jul 2015

8 Ways To Be Creative

For a while now I've had this feeling that there is a hole in my life. A big old empty hole that makes me kind of sad. I seem to do the same things every day, in the same way and at the same time. And it's bloody boring. I've only just realised that that hole was my need to be creative, to use my imagination more, to appreciate art and make something with my hands from scratch. I have been so busy that I didn't think about how wonderful it would be to get out a paintbrush and just paint like I did when I was a kid. You remember those days, right? The days when it was called 'finger painting' but should have been more like cake-your-hand-in-multi-coloured-paint-and-get-it-all-over-the-furniture? See art isn't just for hippies! 

Now that's good and all but most of us probably don't have the time to sit around painting, reminiscing about our past creativity and some people ,god forbid, cannot even list a single creative thing they have done. We could blame 21st century life where its not really classed as 'cool' to have colouring books piled up on your side table and shout 'I'm being creative, people' every minute or maybe it's just the fact that we don't know how to creative anymore because we are constantly preoccupied with other things. Well if the latter applies to you, then you are in luck because fancy that I've got another list coming up with easy ways you can be creative:


Paint By Numbers
Sometimes I find that it can be hard to actually think of something to paint even if you want to be creative. Struggling to draw something the right size so it fills up the space and getting frustrated that the drawing never comes out like you imagine it in your head. So that is where PBN comes in. The design is already there, ready and waiting, expect it leaves the fun part of painting to you! What a great idea right?


Nail Vanish 
I can just be a simple coat of  nail vanish to brighten up your day or intricate festive design like I did above for Christmas this year, but painting your nails is still a creative past time. And a fun one at that.


Colouring Books 
It's the art sensation that's sweeping the nation and shows no sign of stopping. Yes, colouring books are no longer considered a childish thing with the publish of intricately detailed 'adult' ones. I love nothing better than sitting down in the garden and letting my imagination go wild with this book.


Write it down
One of the best things about having a blog is that I can write about things that I am passionate about or that I just want to get out of my system and people will actually read it. If you don't have a blog why not start keeping a journal or diary or maybe you could even write a letter to someone. I mean when was the last time your received a handwritten letter, eh?

Do a spot of DIY
There are plenty of DIY projects floating about on the internet like these, so why not take inspiration from them and get busy at home. Try giving that wall a lick of paint or making some photo frames for those pictures rather than buying them from Boots. Sometimes the simplest things are the most effective.


Take pictures & make a photo album
Get outside, go somewhere and don't be embarrassed about being snap happy. Take pictures of everything and anything, then get them developed at a photo shop rather them storing them digitally on your phone or laptop. When I left school, I brought myself a beautiful photo album to keep all my pictures in that I had taken over the years. And even with all this technology we have now, nothing beats having a physical copy of a memory in your hands.

Read poetry aloud 
Poetry is not, as everything seems to think. for hippies and depressed people. It is a beautiful form of art and one that is meant to be read out loud and proud, to yourself or somebody who will listen. Even if you don't understand it, just let the words roll over you and you will never look at poetry in the same way again.


Bake something 
There's something about being able to follow a recipe, putting gloppy mixture in the oven and taking out a delicious home-made cake. All from a couple of ingredients you picked up in Tesco!

Love Beth xx

10 comments:

  1. I've recently taken up watercolours and I love it! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used water paints before actually. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime x

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of the adult colouring books!

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so much fun and really popular!

      Delete
  3. Doing my nails and baking are always things that make me feel good! Painting by numbers also seems like a great idea x

    amanilyrical.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pampering yourself with a nice bath, freshly painted nails and a slice of cake is all you need sometimes!!

      Delete
  4. Coloring book is so therapeutic! Love these ideas!!! Sometimes when I feel uninspired, I go onto pinterest or I just go out for a walk =) Can't wait to try your ideas!

    Juju Sprinkles
    http://www.jujusprinkles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes my best blog post ideas come from going out outside and taking a walk. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Love these idea, I totally miss painting by numbers! I just got a colouring book which I've been enjoying! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jasmin and leaving your thoughts x

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.