17 Jul 2015

Soundtrack To My Life


Strange as it sounds, I think everyone has a soundtrack to their life. Music is a very powerful medium that is in fact so powerful that there are songs that have somehow subconsciously stayed with us over time. Our track records these songs and if we should hear them, we can't help but be transported back to a certain time in our life. A song could make us cry or laugh or remind us of our family and our childhood. They aren't always the songs that we would want to admit to our friends that we play over and over just to feel young again, but they definitely are special and unique to each person. So without further ado here is my soundtrack and why each song holds a very sacred place in my heart:

Time Of My Life - Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes 
This song may be old but it never gets old, especially not for me. It was a song played at my parents wedding and on their wedding DVD so it is only fitting that this song is first on my soundtrack because I guess it highlights a time before I was born. And maybe ,without the song, I wouldn't have been born anyway!

Living La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
This is another iconic song that even now everyone still knows the words too. It may make you want to jump up and start salsa dancing but to me it marks the day a little 8lbs something girl called Bethany Dale came into the world. Yes, this song was no.1 on the charts the day I was born and I guess because of that me and my whole family associate the song with good times and happy memories.

Fireflies - Owl City
6 years down the line and I still can't get enough of this song. Not only is it a beautiful song with a beautiful music video but it also takes me back to when I was at primary school. I remember sitting in class, hearing this song echo down the endless long corridors and just feeling so happy and contented with life. *listens to the song on repeat for the next 3 hours*


Sound Of The Underground - Girls Aloud
When I was a kid, Girls Aloud were basically the Little Mix of girl bands. I adored their music (although I'm not quite sure about it now!) and this was the song that kick started their career and my obsession with them. At primary school I was even part of The Girls Aloud Club and I may or may not still have some of their albums on my phone...

You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
When I first purchased Taylor's Fearless album (and yes it was an actual real life album!) I never imagined that she would become the international popstar she is today. Back then she was just a country girl living in Nashville with a heck of great taste in music. I adored her music a lot more then than I do now and You Belong With Me became my jam. I jammed with this song all the way to France and Belgium on a school trip and it was playing in the head when I learnt the very important life lesson that three is very much a crowd!

I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
I've lost count of the amount of times I've listened to this song on the bus backwards and forward to school. It just reminds me of senior school and my friends and all the memories I have there. For as long as I can remember it has been no.1 on my phone's Top 25 Played Songs and I don't think that will change for a long time.

Runaway (U & I) - Galantis 
There are an infinite number of songs that I could include on my soundtrack but I thought I would end it with this one.  A song that makes you want to run onto the dance floor and throw your body around like a crazy woman and one of the only good songs they played at my Prom. A night that I won't forget in a long time with a bunch of people who I won't forget either! 


Just a quick note that I am on the look out for a few guest bloggers who can write some feature posts for me to display on In The Clouds while I'm away. It's a great way to get your own blog out there and would help me a lot. If you are interested pop me an email at bethany_dale@ymail.com for more information. 


What songs are on your soundtrack?
Love Beth xx



2 comments:

  1. So glad I wasn't the only massive Girls Aloud fan; I had all of their albums haha still definitely a guilty pleasure! Can't believe it was 10 years ago...I feel so old....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We all gotta stick together now there are fewer and fewer of us left x

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.