31 Aug 2015

6 Things That Made Me Smile This Week!


Hi world, long time no see!

I can only apologize about this series being absent from In The Clouds for so long. This is the first week that I have really been blogging religiously since the National Citizen Service had taken up the last three weeks. But now Beth is well and truly back.

Promise!

This week has been one of those weeks where I didn't know if I was coming or going half the time. The weather's been absolutely terrible and just makes you want to curl up on the sofa under a big cozy blanket doing nothing. My dad's been rushing backwards and forwards to Yorkshire trying to sort out funeral arrangements for his aunt, on top of  the fact that my brother has dislocated his knee (with side effects that include moaning, grumpiness, loss of his sense of humor and just general winging) has meant me being forced to stay indoors most of the week. Now all the days just seem the same to the point where on Thursday I convinced myself it was actually Saturday, meaning it was time to sit down and watch the long awaited return of The X Factor only to find some weird antique programme on in it's place!

Anyway despite everything, some things did manage to put a smile on my face :

-A visit from down under: Even after my great aunt passing away and how upset my Australian uncle was, I was not for the life of me expecting a phone call from him to say that he was just about to board a plane to England that very moment! The next thing we knew we were picked him from the airport having not seen him for three whole years. It made for a interesting weeks that's for sure.

-Getting the girls together: Now that everyone is going their own way, whether that be 6th form or college, it is becoming increasingly difficult to get us all together ie that there was not a single day in the past four weeks that we could all do!

So on Tuesday, after many a text sent backwards and forwards ,we finally got to meet up for my belated birthday meal. A whopping three burgers, a plate full of chips and one blueberry Eton Mess later, we were buried under duvets watching Netflix together. You couldn't have asked for a better day!

-Lols with Tom Cox: At the moment I currently obsessed with a certain Mr Cox's books. Not only does he own two blogs (here and here) and write very funny books, but the subject matter is his seven very charismatic cats! And I'm a sucker for cats and books that are guaranteed to have you laughing out loud in under 2.5 seconds flat.

-Plum & almond tray bake: With the whole blogosphere chatting about The Great British Bake Off (because duh who doesn't love cakes!) I decided to get to work in the kitchen once more and whip up a treat. I found this yummy recipe online and was extremely pleased with the result. I even got a thumbs up from Toby who sat and hoovered up the crumbs I dropped on the floor like a dog!

-Etsy buys: This week I finally gave in to the call of Etsy (and it has been calling me A LOT!) by buying four amazing vintage prints from Kayley's shop, having Instagram stalked her for months...although I probably shouldn't admit to that! I just couldn't resist the purchase and now I finally feel like a proper blogger. Plus an inspiration quote or two in the house never hurts anybody, does it?

-This posts: All week I've been preaching about appreciating things and spending more time doing what you love. This post that I came across on Hannah's blog echos exactly that and more!


So let's catch up. How was your week?
Love Beth xx

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a hectic week! Sorry to hear about your great-aunt. I think I'll have to check those Tom Cox books out... I loveeee cats! And those prints are just so pretty! It's great that you and your friends managed to all meet up. Now that my friends from home and I are at uni, we don't see each other very often... and even in the holidays we're all working and busy and it's so hard to find a day where we're all free! It's fab to snatch up the free day when one comes along and make the most of it :) x

    Polly Cat Contemplates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain! It can be so incredibly difficult arranging to meet up with your friends, but when it finally does happens it makes all that planning worth it.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry about your dad's aunt. Sounds like you've had a busy week, I'm glad you got to get together with your friends! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *squeak* That was my burst of excitement at that fact that you (one of my fav bloggers!!) just commented on my blog post. Thank you so much for making my day x

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your great aunt! But I'm glad you managed to find some things that made you smile! Those prints are so incredibly cute!

    With love, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you for stopping by today and leaving a thought x

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.