26 Aug 2015

Why You Should Appreciate Everything


Not many things in this world annoy me, but the one thing that does is people who take things for granted. People who don't appreciate anything and expect everything. We are so lucky that we are able to say "tomorrow I'm doing this" and "next year I'm doing this" because for a lot of people this isn't a possibility. They are constantly living on the edge, wondering about whats going to happen the next day and the day after that.

Just look at Katie for example, a seventeen year old girl who battle with Cystic Fibrosis I have been following for the past few months. Despite receiving a lung transplant two years ago, she sadly passed away on Sunday 23rd August just short of meeting her idol Zoella. And as heart wrenching as this story is, it just goes to show how precious each and every day of our lives are and how unpredictable life can be.  

Just last week not only did my brother end up being rushed to the hospital in back of an ambulance after dislocating his knee, but on Tuesday (18th August) we received the dreadful news that my great aunt had passed away.

It was one of those moments where time seems to stand still and you can't really take in what you are being told. Are you sure? Really sure? But how...? It was just one big unexpected shock that nobody could have seen coming. 

Since my dad was a child she had been like a second mum to him, dotting on him like he was her very own. She was always the glamorous one of the family too, with long nails always freshly painted and wafted around the house on a cloud of flowery perfume fumes. But now that house is empty.

Life eh?

One minute you are arriving home from an eventful day at NCS and the next your family living on the other side of the world in Australia are jetting over to England for a funeral. So why suffer over seventeen hours stuck in economy when they could just send flowers and a condolence card? Because they are family and no matter where they are in the world there will always be love. Sometimes we can get so sucked up in the world and all it's technological beauty that we forget to appreciate everything and everyone around us. It's especially important to cherish our friends and our family- to me they are everything. My world revolves around them and I couldn't imagine life without them.

But one day the inevitable will happen...it's happening now. We have to spend as much time with our loved ones now as possible. Their love is unconditional and love like that should never be wasted. So go wild, be free, do whatever the fuck makes you heart happy and your head dizzy because tomorrow is no given prospect and today is not yet over.

Seize every sing god damn moment with them because somebody (don't ask me who!) once said that you don't appreciate anything until it's gone. For me that was true, but I really hope it won't be for you.
_____

Sorry for writing such a long post, but I just felt it was something I needed to address. I couldn't let Katie or my aunt go without marking their life. Also when Katie was alive she set up a Facebook page to encourage people to sign up to the organ donor list after a double lung transplant prolonged her life. I just wanted to spread the word really as there is a drastic shortage of organs at the moment and wondered if any of you would or have signed up already?

Love Beth xx




2 comments:

  1. This post is amazing and I could relate to it so much! Some people need to realise that they're lucky to go through each day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Rebecca! I was seriously considering not publishing it

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.