7 Sep 2015

6 Things That Made Me Smile This Week!


So this week...I have been cold. No, I've been freezing actually!

 I swear as soon as September 1st come around it feels like somebody has turned the thermostat down. I wake up shivering most nights and have to pull half a dozen blankets on top of me just to keep warm. And my feet, well, they have been feeling like blocks of ice recently to the point where the fluffiest of fluffy socks will not warm them.

Scary stuff.

So yeah it's been a strange week, a lazy week but a strange one. And my poor body is just freaking out a bit like wtf just happened? Am I about to die or something? Did we relocate to the Antarctic with me even realizing? So I actually have a pretty good excuse to lay in bed all day, that and that fact that next week I will be having to wake up at 6:30am every day for 6th form. Not looking forward to that at all!
Here's what else went down this week:


-Bank holiday weather: Well what else can be said apart from the fact that it was a complete wash out! I don't know what it is about this country and bank holidays, but the weather is always terrible. It's like mother nature is against us or something because we closed a few of the shops for the day.

-GBBO: It's not everyday you go out to nice country pub for dinner and end up bonding with the waitress over The Great British Bake Off- "Omg! I can't believe he went out - She should have gone - no he was worse!" It was a pretty special moment, especially when you are sat tucking into a Creme Brulee for the first time and discussing whether or not the use of a blow torch is cheating.

-Jack's first day: On Friday my brother started senior school for the first time and it is just the cutest thing ever. I can't quite believe how grown up he seems now- although I keep telling him he's still a little baby which seems to wind him a bit! Therefore I am doing my job :)

-Re reading HP: The thing about Harry Potter is that the story and the characters will never get old. And every time I re read the books (currently half way through Philosopher's Stone) it's like coming face to face with an old friend again.

Still waiting on that letter though...

-Nude tights: Black tights are so, like, last winter ago. Now it's all about nude tights that make you look as though you have been on holiday at the Caribbean all summer and been using some seriously magical moisturizer that got rid of all those pesky shaving spots!

Once you go nude, you never go back.

-Carrot and cheese in a cake? It sounds so utterly revolting (and the mixture does look a little bit like sick!) that you would have thought the person who developed it would now be in prison for committing a cake crime. However, this recipe, makes the most delicious moistest cake you will have ever eaten in your life! It is to die for, believe me.



How was your week?
Love Beth xx

10 comments:

  1. Aw such a good blog post, really enjoyed reading this!! I need to start watching GBBO, I've seen a couple of episodes and loved it! I also really need to read the HP books, I've only seen the films, and I'm a huge fan, so I bet the books are insanely amazing!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by...and you REALLY do need to read the books. They are ten times better than the films so if you enjoyed the films you'll absolutely love the books!

      Delete
  2. Loved this list! You were so right about Harry Potter, its such an amazing plot and the characters really do come alive x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm so glad you left me a little comment xx

      Delete
  3. I bloody love the Bake Off! It's so good x
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah same! Its the only thing that gets me through each week :)

      Delete
  4. Love Bake Off! Who do you think will win?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay another Bake Off Nerd!! I love Flora tbh

      Delete
  5. I love posts like this, it makes me so happy reading them! I've been loving the Bake Off too, we're doing a sweepstake for it at work and it makes it so exciting on a Thursday morning! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me so happy to write them as well xx

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.