13 Feb 2016

Mars VS Venus At Valentine's Day!




This Valentine's Day I'm going to be a single pringle just as I was last year...and the year before that!

 But I honestly don't mind. It gives me a good excuse to buy flowers and cheap boxes of chocolates without looking like a sad chocolate addict who needs her fix NOW...which btw I totally am but don't tell anyone.

Nobody should ever feel pressured to date when they aren't ready and it's sad that young girls feel they have to have a boyfriend and throw their virginity away like it's nothing of importance because apparently that's what everyone is doing these days. So wrong!

Yes, Valentine's Day is great and beautiful and lovely but at the same time us singletons should stop dreading it's arrival on the fourteenth of February so much. It's not such a big deal, honestly! Hearts and roses and all that consumerism rubbish is not what Valentine's Day is about anyway. I remember an old English teacher of mine once quoting a John Donne poem in which love was beautifully refereed to like a compass and still to this day I can remember the lines. To me this is what love is:

"If they be two, they are two so

   As stiff twin compasses are two;
Thy soul, the fixed foot, makes no show
   To move, but doth, if the other do.
And though it in the center sit,
   Yet when the other far doth roam,
It leans and hearkens after it,
   And grows erect, as that comes home.
Such wilt thou be to me, who must,
   Like th' other foot, obliquely run;
Thy firmness makes my circle just,
   And makes me end where I begun"


For the past few years my gal pals and I have always taken part in the Valentine's Day alternative of Secret Santa, which we like to call Secret Cupid. It's great fun and makes you feel a lot less depressed about not having someone to snuggle up on the sofa, watch films with and wear matching underwear for! Someday it's just easier to pretend that red matches green and move on.

Anyway, when Adore Me, a lovely lingerie company for my American readers, got in contact about a little survey they carried out on men and woman's Valentine's Day views, I was intrigued to say the least. For centuries the sexes have been battling it out for supremacy and of course we all know the age old saying that men are from Mars and woman are from Venus. But are we really that different from one another after all?

Lets have a lookie:





What are your views on Valentine's Day?
Love Beth xx

This post was in association with Adore Me. Please see my disclaimer to find out more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx

Blog Design by gatto.